|Librarian :Ms Bandana Basu|
B.Lib, M.Lib, PGDLAN
Experience : 22 years
| ||The library has a rich collection of text and reference books, journals, magazines, audio/videos, CDROMs, research reports, online journals and database analysis software in all programmes and areas of study. Web-based software is being used in the library which will make issuing and depositing of books an automatic and easy process.|
Membership: All students and teachers become members of the library automatically.
Reference service: Every student , who is looking for books or other reference materials in the library, is provided all possible guidance and help.
Photocopy facility: The library is equipped with a photocopy machine to help students with their reference works.
Cloakroom: The library also has a cloakroom where the students can keep their belongings safe while they are within the library premises.
Wi-Fi connectivity: The library is completely Wi-Fi enabled to provide easy access to internet.
A number of alerts and updates would be sent out by the library team to keep students, researchers and faculty members up to date about the various facts of education, development and social science. These would include alerts from publishers on new contents from journals and new books published. The library team would also share weekly updates from various newspapers and magazines.
LIBRARY COLLECTIONS AS ON 04/02/2015
||Reference Book Title
||Book Bank Title
WEB OPAC catalogue (online catalogue): Online OPAC software enables students and staff to search, request for, and reserve books and reference materials in the library from the comfort of their residence/accommodation
Rules to be followed in Library
Tuesday to Saturday: 9:30 am to 6:30 pm
On working days the services of the following sections of the Central Library will remain open, as below:
|Reading Room||9:30 am to 6:30 pm|
|Lending Section ||9:30 am to 6 pm|
|Internet section||10 am to 6 pm|
|Membership Section||10 am to 5 pm|
Under urgent, abnormal or unforeseen circumstances, the Library or any of its sections may be opened later or closed earlier than the scheduled hours at the discretion of Librarian or Principal or Executive Director, after proper intimation to all concerned.
Conduct within the Library
All registered students of the institute are eligible to become members of the Central Library.
- To become a member of the Central Library, a student has to submit 3 copies of
stamp size photograph, his/her address proof, Photocopy of College money receipt to the Library Assistant, who will further guide him/her regarding membership procedure. Readers shall always notify any change of his/her permanent address to the Librarian in writing.
- Membership to the library is not transferable.
- Library membership cards or other identity cards are to be shown, if demanded, at the time of entering into the library or whenever asked for in the library.
- While in the library, all persons shall observe the basic and elementary principles of library ethics, obey the rules and procedures of the library, and maintain discipline enforced by the Librarian.
- Dress code for students will be observed in the library even beyond class timings.
- Conversation, gossiping, sleeping, smoking, sitting on top of the table and loitering, , use of mobile are not allowed in the library.
- The arrangement of chairs in the reading rooms should not be disturbed.
- Users are not allowed to distort or deface any book, magazine, newspaper. If a student requires any article, it may be photocopied with permission of the Librarian.
- No reader shall bring any non-member into the library, nor shall lend, even temporarily, library books borrowed by him to others.
- Without obtaining special permission from the Librarian, nobody shall enter the Stack-room or any part of the library, not ordinarily open to him.
- Any official of the institute or the security personnel will have the authority to examine everything that passes into or out of the library.
- Upon any infringement of the Library rules, students may forfeit the privileges and memberships.
- Readers detected to be acting in contravention to the above rules of library above shall be liable to be deprived of the facilities of the Reading Room temporarily or permanently.
- No reader who has been thus excluded from the privileges of the library shall be allowed to use the reading rooms or to borrow books unless and until such person be reinstated by the Library Committee.
- Every member of the library shall be responsible for the safe custody of any library book borrowed by him for study in the Library Reading Room or for use at home.
- Library books issued for use in the Reading Room shall not be taken out of the section without prior permission of the Librarian.
- Library books shall never be left unattended on the table in the Reading Room. The borrower shall be held responsible for loss, mutilation or damage, if any, while the book stands issued on his account.
|College - Students|| 3 Books for 15 Days |
OVERDUE CHARGES: Rupees 2/- per day per book
- No books shall be issued and delivered to any person other than a duly registered borrower in person. However in case of urgency, a registered borrower can give authority in writing to another member to receive a book or books on his/ her behalf.
- At the time of borrowing, a book, either for use in the library reading room or for use at home, the borrower is expected to examine it carefully and bring to the notice of the Officer-in-Charge of the issue-counter, cases of mutilation, defacement or damage, if any, immediately. If any mutilation, defacement or damage is detected subsequently, the person to whom the book was issued last will be held responsible for the damage, defacement or mutilation.
- Borrowed items by college-students must be returned on or before the due date. If the borrower fails, he or she will need to pay overdue charges at the following rate, for continuation of membership:
- Absence, illness etc. are not acceptable excuses for waiver of overdue charges. However, if the due date falls on an institute holiday, the item may be returned on the next working day without any overdue charge.
- Repeated failure to return borrowed items on time and/or failure to return such items in spite of reminder(s), may lead to denial of borrowing facility for a period to be decided by the Librarian.
- Before leaving the return counter at the time of returning a borrowed item, the student should make sure that his/her responsibility is duly discharged by cancelling the item against his/her name.
- Students found defaulters in respect of returning library books more than twice in the course of two consecutive months ,or those who do not return books after a third reminder may be denied privileges and facilities of the library, both reference and lending, by the Librarian.
- In case of loss of a library card a duplicate card may be issued, at the discretion of the Librarian, for which a fee of Rupees 10/- per card will have to be paid. Another duplicate library card for Students be issued against a charge of Rupees 100/- per card. Thereafter no duplicate card shall be issued.
- Reference materials, loose issue of periodicals and CD-ROMs/DVDs, Project Reports are among items which are not meant to be issued.
A student can renew an item only once, provided there is no requisition for that particular item.
Library Helpline : 033 7144 5616