Two Vocational Trainings (As per MAKAUT Norm) on “Welding & Its inspection” and “Non-Destructive Testing” were organised by the Mechanical Engineering Department- BGI from 03.01.2018 to 17.01.2018.
The Department of ME, BGI conducted one bridge course on Analysis of Frames and Structures, Virtual Work, Engineering Drawing and CAD from 03.01.2018 to 17.01.2018.
The department conducted one Certificate Course on Design, Manufacturing and Measurement of Spur Gear from 03/01/18 to 06/01/18.
The department of ME, BGI- SDET conducted one seminar on Fuel Cells Technology.
1. Winter Training on Non-Destructive Testing Ultrasonic & Radiographic Testing (UT & RT) was organized from Dec 29th, 2015 to Jan 16th, 2016 in association with TMC Institute of Learning (TMCIL).
2. A two hour seminar was organized by the Department of Mechanical Engineering on the “Basics of Air- Conditioning” on 27th April 2016 by Mr. T. K. Mukherjee, MD, Mistral Air Conditioning.
3. Industrial visit was organised by the department for the students of Mechanical Engineering on 29th April 2016 to Dwarkesh Engineering Works Pvt. Ltd. A group of 40 students along with three faculty members of the department took part in the visit.
4. Inauguration of the Students Chapter of IEI (28th April 2016) by Dr. N. R. Bandopadhyay, Prof. IIEST & Divisional Board Chairman (MM) & Council member, IEI and Dr. A. K. Gupta, Director (EEA) of IEI at the Brainware Group of Institutions.
5. Vocational training on NDT (12th July – 26th July) 80 hours Vocational training program on NDT in UT and RT was organised by the student chapter of the mechanical engineering department from 12th July to 26th July 2016, Brainware Engineering College, at its Barasat campus.
6. Student participation in the workshop on “Advances in Welding Science & Technology and Related Career Opportunities” (26th October 2016) held by Institution of Engineers, India.
7. Certificate Distribution of Non Destructive Training Program and Entrepreneurs' Talk (2nd November 2016). The certificate distribution program was held on 2nd November 2016 in association with The Institution of Engineers (India), Students' Chapter. Mr. Sandip Moitra, MD, Moitra Metals was invited as the Chief Guest for the program.